To our friends & customers:
We want to say THANK YOU for all the messages asking about the well being of our staff and the resort. And we hope you are all staying safe and observing the social distancing orders to stay healthy.
When we opened Sirenian Bay and Inky’s, and bought Captain Jak’s, we never would have believed global travel would grind to a halt.
Like every other business, we are trying to find out way in a new reality and doing our best to ensure the well-being of our employees, the health of our guests, and the stability of the businesses when we all come out on the other side.
For now, these are the steps we’ve taken:
- We’re working with booked guests to reschedule their stay. And we want to say THANK YOU to those who have been able to reschedule instead of cancelling.
- At Sirenian Bay: We’re offering any guests booked through May 31 the option to reschedule your stay within 12 months from your scheduled check-in date. Any monies paid will be credit towards that stay, and your current rate will apply. If you haven’t already done so, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule.
- At Captain Jak’s: We’re offering the same option – if you’re booked through May 31, please contact email@example.com to reschedule your stay. For golf carts and tours, we encourage you to cancel those and use the credit towards your rescheduled visit.
- We’re cutting our open hours…but adding services. Effective immediately we’re offering delivery from Inky’s 19th Hole Restaurant. We’ll keep other services (such as mini golf) open as long as we can do so safely and within the guidelines issued by the Belize Ministry of Health.
- The Siren’s Spa will be closed until further notice.
As you can imagine, like many of you, we’ve had to make many difficult decisions regarding the business. Unfortunately, we have had to lay off some workers. Our management team has agreed to a temporary salary cut.
We’ve cut hours and many employees are doing jobs they weren’t hired to do…. From maintenance to guest services to housekeeping. Everyone is pitching in to keep things moving.
But good things are happening, too. We will come through this together. We will come through this better. We’re taking this time to ensure any small maintenance issues are handled. We’re doing leadership training with our staff. We’re reviewing and updating policies and processes.
We’re doing the things that will make us even better when it’s time to travel, the things that will allow us to ensure your stay is better than ever.
And we’re offering some great promotions for later this year. So, while you’re self-quarantined, take a look at the new bungalows, check out all the tours Captain Jak’s offers, and plan your next trip.
Got students stuck at home? Let them plan your trip from start to finish – researching all the details, create a budget, draft an itinerary, and then work through the plan. It’s a great learning process for middle school and up!
Stay safe and healthy – and we hope to see you soon!
Brian and Brenda
and all of the Sirenian Bay, Inky’s, and Captain Jak’s staff